Softline is one of ServiceNow’s few specialised Software Asset Management partners globally, to help organisations get the most value out of their SAM Professional module. The implementation of SAM Pro benefits substantially from the implementation activities of other ServiceNow modules and creates synergy between ServiceNow SAM Pro and investments already done in modules like ITSM, ITOM and ITBM. A perfect example of synergy is the reusability of data, creating consistency whilst maximising effort and costs. The ITAM team can piggyback, for example, on asset discovery done by IT Operations Management Discovery (ITOM Visibility). This way, an organisation can reduce the number of point solutions, creating a significant impact on the TCO for SAM, by using a single system of action.
Softline & ServiceNow: Better together
Since the start of the partnership, ServiceNow & Softline have been working together on numerous international projects, throughout Europe, as well as hosting joint events and webinars, to educate the market and show the combined strength.
Since just implementing a SAM tool will not be enough to achieve Compliance, Control & Cost savings, organisations need a specialised SAM partner by their side to make the most out of their investment. And ServiceNow recognises that. In August 2020 Softline was awarded ServiceNow’s Premier Partner status, which stands for a strong and certified team with expertise on ServiceNow SAM Pro.
This is why existing ServiceNow ITSM customers should use ServiceNow SAM Pro
A lot of organisations buy a Software Asset Management tool, but are not successful in achieving their SAM goals. As an existing user of ServiceNow who is looking at implementing or improving SAM, the ServiceNow SAM Pro module should be on the top of your list.
- Achieve Compliance, Control & Cost savings by implementing, managing and continuously improving SAM & ITAM in a structured manner
- Mapping the benefits of SAM Pro to the floors of the Softline’s House of ITAM®
- ServiceNow SAM Pro: one of the leaders in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Realising cost savings by implementing the 7 categories of potential savings, defined by Gartner
- Application Portfolio Management: implementing one of the seven Gartner potential savings elements
- SaaS Management: realising cost savings by optimising SaaS spend and usage
ServiceNow SAM Pro
SAM Pro is ServiceNow’s module for Software Asset Management. It runs on a single-architecture platform (the Now Platform®), enabling faster outcomes to slash spending and license compliance risks. With the Quebec release, the formally known SAM Pro module is now splitted into two license types, SAM Professional and SAM Enterprise.
Running SAM on the same platform is a game changer for future use cases, as you'll be able to alert the issues, processes, and events before you get out of compliance in the first place. Mitigate expensive true up costs and wasted spend. By leveraging the Platform you already have in place, you can get to SAM outcomes faster.
- Elevate ITAM with the only single-platform solution to feed critical asset data to the business via digital workflows
- Mitigate risk with a single, real-time view across unlicensed deployments, re-harvesting options, and actionable software positions by publisher
- Slash software and cloud spend by optimizing usage with reallocation workflows and right-sizing future purchases for on-prem and cloud-based services
In the Quebec release, several new features have been added to ServiceNow Software Asset Management.
Hardware Asset Management
In the ServiceNow Paris release, a completely new Hardware Asset Management (HAM) module was added to the ServiceNow platform. HAM provides increased visibility of the asset estate and automates the IT lifecycle on a single platform.
As you can read in this blog, the HAM module features include:
- Hardware Normalisation
- Content Library: allows your assets to be normalised to a single standard which makes it more easy to manage and maintain assets and related Configuration Items.
- Manufacturer lifecycle dates and attributes: life cycle data will be added to the content Library on a day-to-day basis. With life cycle data the hardware models will be populated with information on the Pre-release, General Availability, End of sales, End of support and end of extended support values
- Asset Lifecycle Automation
- Hardware Asset Order
- Hardware Bulk Stock Order
- Hardware Disposal
- Asset Tasks—Deploy, Swap, Retire
- Hardware Asset Dashboard: easily manage your hardware assets
- Mobile Asset Inventory Audit: with the ServiceNow mobile apps your stockroom managers can scan barcodes of the available assets to verify if the status of the assets are indeed as registered in the CMDB
In the Quebec release, several new features have been added to ServiceNow Hardware Asset Management.